Curve won’t apply any fees when spending in the currency your payment card is set to in-app. Always be sure to check with the merchant to ensure that you don’t encounter any hidden fees from them, too.
It’s worth noting that we pass through Merchant Category Code (MCC) information to your card issuer, so they can see where you’re spending and if you’ve withdrawn cash.
Please be aware of fees from your card issuer when making cash withdrawals. We recommend checking your card issuer's terms and conditions for whether any fees apply.
Spending abroad with Curve
For purchases and ATM withdrawals made abroad with Curve, we do the currency exchange for you at a wholesale rate and don't add any additional fees.
There are certain limits on the amount up to which you can make fee free transactions or ATM withdrawals, after which charges will apply:
- Curve Blue (free) - Spend up to £500 per month fee free. There’s a 2% fee for any more spend. Withdraw up to £200 per month from foreign ATMs. There’s 2% fee or a £2 charge (whichever is higher) for any further withdrawals.
- Curve Black (£ or € 9.99 p/m) - Unlimited fee free foreign spend (fair use of £15,000 per annum beyond which we may charge 2%). Withdraw up to £400 per month from foreign ATMs. There’s 2% fee or a £2 charge (whichever is higher) for any further withdrawals.
- Curve Metal (£ or € 14.99 p/m, 150 p/a) - Unlimited fee free foreign spend (fair use of £60,000 per annum beyond which we may charge 2%). Withdraw up to £600 per month from foreign ATMs. There’s 2% fee or a £2 charge (whichever is higher) for any further withdrawals.
For information on the fees Curve charges for foreign currency withdrawals, please see this page.
With Curve, it's possible to make payments to government agencies such as HMRC using an underlying debit or credit card.
When using a credit card as the underlying payment card, the following charges will apply;
- Curve Blue and Curve Black customers (including Curve Black Legacy users): 1.5% of the total amount of the transaction.
- Curve Metal: no charges apply.
If you're planning to make payments to government agencies such as HMRC, please click here for more information.
Withdrawing cash with an underlying credit card
You may withdraw up to £200 from your credit cards each calendar month as per our Fair Use Policy, you’ll be charged a 2% fee for any more withdrawals.