Disputes can be a lengthy process. Once we have all the evidence required, this is typically the what happens:
- We submit the chargeback to our card issuer on your behalf
- Our card issuer submits the chargeback to Mastercard
- Mastercard will send the information to the company that you are in dispute with
- The company will review the evidence provided and either accept the chargeback or reject it if they can provide compelling evidence
- If the chargeback is rejected we will be in touch to let you know the reasons why
Due to the lengthy nature of chargebacks, we always recommend that you attempt to resolve the dispute directly with the merchant, as this can often be quicker to resolve than a chargeback/ dispute.