Curve is the perfect travel companion! Using Curve on your next trip could help you save on currency conversion fees. Here’s how:
Our currency conversion rates
When you make a transaction in another currency, we use a wholesale rate to make the conversion.
This means you'll have access to the rate the banks use in order to exchange money between them, this is also known as the interbank rate.
The rate may vary over the course of a day, so it could be different to a rate that is only updated once a day (like the Mastercard® rate).
Are there any fees?
Depending on which Curve tier you’re on, you’ll have a different fee-free limit for your foreign spend and ATM withdrawals:
- Curve Blue (free)
- 0% fee on spend in over 150+ foreign currencies, up to £500 per rolling month, with a 2% foreign exchange fee after that.
- ATM withdrawals are free up to £200 per rolling month, after which there’ll be a charge per withdrawal of £2 or 2%, whichever is higher.
If you’re a frequent traveller, our Curve Black or Metal products might be better suited to you:
- Curve Black (£ or € 9.99 p/m)
- 0% fee on spend in over 150+ foreign currencies worldwide (subject to fair use policies above £15000 per rolling year).
- ATM withdrawals are free up to £400 per rolling month, after which there will be a charge per withdrawal of £2 or 2%, whichever is higher.
- Curve Metal (£ or € 14.99 p/m, 150 p/a)
- 0% fee on spend in over 150+ foreign currencies worldwide (subject to fair use policies above £60000 per rolling year).
- ATM withdrawals are free up to £600 per rolling month, after which there will be a charge per withdrawal of £2 or 2%, whichever is higher.
Spending abroad during the weekend?
If you make a withdrawal or purchase over the weekend and Curve performs a currency conversion, we’ll use the rate from Friday and apply a surcharge as the Forex markets are closed. The weekend counts as Friday 23:59 GMT - Sunday 23:59 GMT.
For transactions where both the transaction and the underlying payment cards are in GBP, USD or EUR, the foreign exchange fee will be 0.5%. For all other currencies, the foreign exchange fee will be 1.5%.
For more information, take a look at our Terms of Service.
“The Curve card and E-money is issued by Curve OS Limited (company No. 09523903) authorised in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority to issue electronic money (firm reference number 900926). Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated."