After all the build up, the excitement, you go to make your first transaction with your Curve Mastercard® and it doesn't go through! But why? Here are a few things to check -
- That you have activated your Curve Mastercard®- you will need to tap 'activate your Curve' and enter the last four digits of your card number.
- That it was a Chip & PIN transaction - your first transaction needs to be Chip & PIN.
- You have entered the right PIN - you will have seen this first when you activated your Curve, you can check again by accessing the menu on the left.
- That you have the right card selected in-app - it's the one with the overlaid Curve logo, make sure it's not the rewards card for the first transaction.
- That the transaction isn't too big- your Curve starts with daily limits of £2000 but if your first transaction is higher than an average daily purchase, it might be flagged by our risk engine until you build a spend history with us.
If you've been through the above and you're not sure why you experienced a decline, please get in touch with us in-app or via email@example.com
“Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. The Card is issued by Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd (“WDCS”) pursuant to license by Mastercard International Inc. WDCS is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to conduct electronic money service activities under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (Ref: 900051)”