After all the build up, the excitement, you go to make your first transaction with your Curve card and it doesn't go through! But why? Here are a few things to check -
- That you have activated your Curve card- you will need to tap 'activate your Curve' and enter the last four digits of your card number.
- That it was a Chip & PIN transaction - your first transaction needs to be Chip & PIN.
- You have entered the right PIN - you will have seen this first when you activated your Curve, you can check again by accessing the menu on the left.
- That you have the right card selected in-app - it's the one with the overlaid Curve logo, make sure it's not the rewards card for the first transaction.
- That the transaction isn't too big- your Curve starts with daily limits of £2000 but if your first transaction is higher than an average daily purchase, it might be flagged by our risk engine until you build a spend history with us.
If you've been through the above and you're not sure why you experienced a decline, please get in touch with us in-app or via email@example.com