Oh, no! That’s frustrating, but an easy one to fix! This was mostly likely caused by one of the following:
- Your card isn’t active: To activate your Curve card, tap “Activate your Card” in the app and enter the last 4 digits of your card number to complete activation.
- You’ve entered the wrong PIN: You’ll get your PIN once you’ve activated your Curve card, and can find it under the “Card” tab in the app.
- You’ve selected the wrong card: The selected card will have the Curve logo on it, under the “Wallet” tab in the app. If it’s not the right card, swipe to choose a different card to pay with.
- The transaction is too big: Curve starts with daily limits of £2000 but if your first transaction is higher than an average daily purchase, it might be flagged by our risk engine until you build a spend history with us.
- We don’t support the merchant: Some transactions may be blocked as we don't allow Curve to be used at certain places (such as massage parlours or gambling places) or for certain purchases, such as buying foreign currency.
It’s something else: If none of the above explain why you got declined, or for more information, contact email@example.com and we’ll look into it, asap!