To be issued a Curve Card you need to add your first payment card to the app and verify it. Later you can add as many payment cards as you want.
We support all Visa, Mastercard®, Diners and Discover debit and credit cards. Your first card needs to have been issued within the European Economic Area (EEA) and not be a prepaid card.
- Add your payment card details to the app. We will send through a small charge to verify that your card is active. There are two ways we might verify your card: 3DS verification and sending you a microcharge:
- 3DS Verification – If you see a charge of £1 (or equivalent in your payment card’s currency) pending on your payment card, and can’t see a code in the format C-[XXXXXX], this is likely an attempt at 3DS verification. This amount is reversed immediately and should be reflected on your underlying statement within a day.
- Microcharge Verification – If the 3DS verification fails, we’ll send your payment card a small charge (under £1.50, or equivalent in your payment card’s currency) which is immediately refunded. In the transaction reference, we’ll embed a code which you’ll need to verify your card.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to verify the card. If your 3DS verification fails, we'll send you a code starting with C-[XXXXXX] to your bank statement.
- Put this code into the app to verify your payment card; just be aware the code can take up to 5 working days to arrive. Your bank should have better visibility on this, so if the code still isn't showing after 5 working days, I would suggest giving them a call and asking for the code.
- Enjoy spending with Curve!
What is a microcharge and how do I find it?
Microcharge is a type of verification we use for verifying your payment cards. We charge your card a small amount (less than 1.5 GBP) and then immediately refund the charge; this will be reflected on your bank statement within 3-5 working days, depending on your card issuer. The name of this transaction contains a verification code in the format C-[XXXXXX].
Which cards are supported?
You can add most of your Visa, Mastercard®, Diners Club and Discover debit and credit cards to Curve. We don't support American Express, Maestro, JCB or UnionPay cards.
We also support a selection of prepaid cards. To find out if your card’s supported, please send us an email at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help you.
The Curve card, the Samsung Pay+ card and the E-money related to these cards are issued in the UK by Curve OS Limited, authorised in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority to issue electronic money (firm reference number 900926). Curve OS Ltd, registered in England and Wales, United Kingdom (company reference number: 09523903) and located at 15-19 Bloomsbury Way, Holborn, London, United Kingdom, WC1A 2TH.
The Curve card and the e-money related to cards issued in the EEA is issued by Curve Europe UAB, authorised in Lithuania by the Bank of Lithuania (electronic money institution license No. 73 issued on 22 of October 2020). The Curve card and Samsung Pay+ card are issued pursuant to license by Mastercard International Inc. Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Curve Europe UAB, registered in Lithuania (company reference number: 305626541) and located at Jogailos g. 9, LT-01116 Vilnius.