There are a number of reasons why a transaction might be declined:
- A timeout - where the transaction takes too long to complete. If Curve or one of our partners has downtime, we’ll usually contact you to let you know - otherwise, you may want to try again a minute later.
- There are insufficient funds in the underlying payment card account
- The rewards card is selected and you don't have enough credit for the transaction.
- You’ve reached a daily, monthly or yearly spending limit. We can raise limits for regular users of Curve who have been with us a while- let us
- Your bank has blocked Curve transactions - because Curve is a brand new product, some banks’ fraud engines may be initially suspicious. In this case, you can contact your bank and ask them to whitelist Curve transactions;
- The merchant is not allowed to be used with Curve- some merchants are deemed inherently high risk for use with a prepaid Curve.
- Curve card is blocked - if your Curve has triggered our automated fraud rules, please get in touch so we can resolve it for you
If you experience a decline, please contact us at email@example.com or in the app, and we’ll do our best to resolve it quickly for you.