Unrecognised transactions aren’t part of the Curve Customer Protection, however any purchase you do not recognise should be reported and we will investigate on your behalf. Rest assured you won’t be left out of pocket for any fraudulent transactions.
If you already received a refund directly from the merchant or another third party, you are not eligible for Curve Customer Protection. See ‘Double Recovery’ in our Curve Customer Protection Policy
Other instances where you may not be covered by Curve Customer Protection are listed below. In these cases you can still request Curve to raise a chargeback on your behalf through the standard Mastercard chargeback process
- Real estate transactions (including the purchase of a timeshare)
- Car hire or car purchase transactions
- Transactions made at investment companies or for the purchase of financial products
- The purchase or sale of shares or any form of interest in a business
- Purchases made for the purpose of trading cryptocurrencies or any other type of commodity
- Any illegal or illicit goods
- Dating/Escort services
- Transactions made at automated fuel dispensers
- Transactions for the purpose of buying, selling or trading foreign currency
- Top-ups made to a financial service or payments made to any other financial service for services provided or payments made on crowdfunding platforms
- Repayment of loans
- Payment of utilities, taxes or any other government services or to any government agency
- Transactions completed due to human error
- Direct marketing purchases
- Purchase of any industrial machinery or major assets for commercial use
- Trial subscriptions, you have failed to cancel
- Adult content
- Stored value cards, prepaid cards, gift cards
You also will not be eligible for protection under this policy if:
- The goods are being held in customs for unpaid duty or customs fees. You’re obligated to pay the appropriate fees.
- The merchant delivered the merchandise and you refused to accept delivery.
- You’ve signed a waiver absolving the merchant from responsibility if the goods or services are not received.
It is to Curve’s discretion whether to honour any claim raised under this Curve Customer Protection. Regardless, you retain all of your statutory rights and the right to ask Curve to dispute a transaction on your behalf.