Unrecognised transactions aren’t part of the Curve Purchase Protection, however any purchase you do not recognise should be reported and we will investigate on your behalf. Rest assured you won’t be left out of pocket for any fraudulent transactions.
If you already received a refund directly from the merchant or another third party, you are not eligible for Curve Purchase Protection. See ‘Double Recovery’ in our Curve Purchase Protection Policy
Other instances where you may not be covered by Curve Purchase Protection are listed below. In these cases you can still request Curve to raise a chargeback on your behalf through the standard Mastercard chargeback process
- Real estate transactions (including the purchase of a timeshare)
- Car hire or car purchase transactions
- Airline tickets
- Hotel reservations
- Transactions made at investment companies or for the purchase of financial products
- The purchase or sale of shares or any form of interest in a business
- Purchases made for the purpose of trading cryptocurrencies or any other type of commodity
- Custom-made, customised goods or services, or any Illegal or illicit goods
- Dating/Escort services
- Transactions made at automated fuel dispensers
- Transactions for the purpose of buying. Selling or trading foreign currency
- Top-ups made to a financial service or payments made to any other financial service for services provided
- Repayment of loans
- Payment of utilities, taxes or any other government services or to any government agency
- Transactions completed due to human error
- Direct marketing purchases
- Purchase of any industrial machinery or business assets
- Subscriptions (including free trial subscriptions)
- Adult content
You also will not be eligible for protection under this policy if:
- The goods are being held in customs for unpaid duty or customs fees. You’re obligated to pay the appropriate fees.
- The merchant delivered the merchandise and you refused to accept delivery.
- You’ve signed a waiver absolving the merchant from responsibility if the goods or services are not received.
It is to Curve’s discretion whether to honour any claim raised under this Curve Purchase Protection. Regardless, you retain all of your statutory rights and the right to ask Curve to dispute a transaction on your behalf.