Curve Fronted is a service provided by Curve that allows you to make payments with your Curve debit card, using an underlying credit card in instances where credit card payments may not be accepted by the merchant.
There are two types of transactions that we charge a fee for when using a credit card to make the payment:
- Payments that represent taxes or are categorised as government payments - these payments fall under the Merchant Category Code (MCC) 9399 such as, but not limited to, HMRC, National Savings & Investments, DVLA Vehicle Tax, and Student Loan Payments
- Transactions falling under Merchant Category Code (MCC) 6012 such as, but not limited to:
- Paying credit card bills, loans or mortgages with an underlying credit card selected in the Curve app
- Purchasing financial services or products from banks, Credit Unions, Deposit Takers
- Purchasing foreign or non-fiat currency such as cryptocurrency, travelers cheques or money orders
- Purchasing store value cards such as prepaid cards
The following charges apply when using a credit card as underlying payment card:
- Curve Blue (free) and Curve Black (£ or € 9.99 p/m) customers (including Curve Black Legacy users): 1.5% of the total amount of the transaction
- Curve Metal (£ or € 14.99 p/m, 150 p/a): no charges apply
Please bear in mind that your underlying card issuer may charge you fees for making such transactions and Curve is not liable for such fees. Please refer to the terms and conditions of your underlying card issuer.