If you’ve experienced a decline when trying to use your credit card it’s probably because we’ve introduced our new feature, Curve Fronted. It allows you to pay for transactions using your credit card when paying taxes or when making financial services transactions where you normally cannot pay with a credit card.
If you would like to take advantage of this feature, please make sure it is activated in the app. In order to activate these kinds of payments, please go to Settings (Profile Tab) and switch on the Fronted feature.
If you still experience a decline after Curve Fronted has been activated, please check the reasons below:
- Your Curve Cash card is selected in the Curve app and you don't have enough points on your card to make the payment;
- You’ve reached a daily, monthly or yearly spending limit - you can always view in app your Curve card limits by tapping on the ‘Card’ icon on the bottom left-hand side and then by tapping on the ‘View Your Curve Limits’ option.
- A timeout error occurred, where the transaction takes too long to complete. This is usually a one-off connectivity issue and you may want to try again a minute later
- Your underlying payment card has insufficient funds
- Your bank has blocked transactions with Curve - sometimes a bank's fraud engine will be triggered by Curve because it’s a new product. In this case, you can contact your bank and ask them to whitelist Curve transactions
- Your PIN is blocked because it was entered incorrectly too many times the last time you used it at a point of sale. In order to reset your PIN, please go to an ATM and choose the PIN services option and select the unblock option. You will be asked to enter your Curve PIN, which you can find by tapping on the 'Card' icon in the lower left-hand corner and select the 'View Card PIN'.
- You don't have a verified payment card on your Curve account
- Your Curve card is blocked by Curve
For more information or if you need any help in regards to this, please get in touch with us through the form here and we’ll be happy to look into this for you!