The Disputes process can be lengthy, as the merchant has 45 days to challenge our dispute from the date it is raised by our card issuer.
Once we have all the evidence required, this is typically what happens:
- We submit the chargeback to our card issuer on your behalf
- Our card issuer submits the chargeback to Mastercard
- Mastercard will send the information to the company that you are in dispute with
- The company will review the evidence provided and either accept the chargeback or reject it if they can provide compelling evidence
- If the chargeback is rejected we will be in touch to let you know the reasons why
We always recommend that you attempt to resolve the dispute directly with the merchant, as this can often be quicker to resolve than a chargeback/ dispute.
The lengthy nature of the disputes process is also why we have our Customer Protection Policy, so you’re not left out of pocket whilst we raise your dispute.