Curve Cash is our cashback scheme that allows you to instantly earn money when you spend money with your Curve Card. Pick your favourites from a list of over popular 100 retailers, including Amazon, Deliveroo, TfL and more. If you've signed up to Curve before February 16th 2018 you might be on our old cashback scheme and you can learn more about it here.
When spending at the selected retailers, you'll receive cashback points onto your Curve Cash card as soon as they complete the transaction and the money is taken from your account:
- One Curve Cash point is equivalent to one pence (GBP). So, 100 points = £1.00.
You can see your balance in either Curve Cash points or GBP, just tap the balance on your Curve Cash card to switch between the two.
Spending with my Curve Cash card
You can spend your Curve Cash straight away at any physical or online shop, exactly as you would with any other card in your Curve Wallet.
Depending on your bank, you can even top up your supported prepaid cards or pay off your credit card statements using your Curve Cash. The only difference is ATM transactions, as you won’t be able to make withdrawals.
To use your Curve Cash, select your Curve Cash card as your active payment method before you make your purchase. Make sure that you have enough points to cover your entire purchase, otherwise, it'll be declined.
We've also introduced a feature that allows you to automatically pay with Curve Cash for any purchase without having to manually select Curve Cash. You can read more about it here.
How do I set up Curve Cash?
- Open your Curve app and head to the “Wallet” tab. Swipe to select your Curve Cash card.
- A pop-up will appear, select “Setup Curve Cash” to get started. If you don’t see the pop-up, tap the small icon at the bottom-right of the card and choose “Curve Cash”.
- Select your retailers from the two lists on your screen and tap “Next.” It’s worth noting that the UK retailers with a multinational presence, such as Lidl and Aldi, will show on the “All Countries” list.
- If you’re happy with your selection, tap “Confirm”. Otherwise, select the arrow in the top left to return to the previous screen to select again.
Keep in mind that once you confirm your choice of retailer you won’t be able to change it.
You can spend your Curve Cash anywhere you like, no strings attached! 💸 Just remember:
- You can’t withdraw your Curve Cash at an ATM (but you can select any other payment card from your Curve Wallet to do so!) nor send it to another person via Curve Send.
- To complete a transaction using your Curve Cash, you need to have enough Curve Cash points to cover the entire transaction (otherwise it might get declined).
For more information, take a look at the Curve Cash web page.
Is my Curve Cash balance covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) protects customers from losing certain types of their money if authorised financial services firms go bust.
E-money isn't something the (FSCS) protects. Rest assured, your e-money is always kept separate from our own and from your Curve Cash points. This is known as safeguarding, in case we become insolvent, which ensures that all of your funds are protected.
This also applies to any funds we hold for pending transactions, refunds, and reversals.
The Curve Card, the Samsung Pay Card and the E-money related to these cards is issued in the UK by Curve OS Limited, authorised in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority to issue electronic money (firm reference number 900926). Curve OS Ltd, registered in England and Wales, United Kingdom (company reference number: 09523903) and located at 15-19 Bloomsbury Way, Holborn, London, United Kingdom, WC1A 2TH.
The Curve Card and the e-money related to cards issued in the EEA is issued by Curve Europe UAB, authorised in Lithuania by the Bank of Lithuania (electronic money institution license No. 73 issued on 22 of October, 2020). The Curve Card and Samsung Pay Card are issued pursuant to license by Mastercard International Inc. Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Curve Europe UAB, registered in Lithuania (company reference number: 305626541) and located at Jogailos g. 9, LT-01116 Vilnius.