There are two types of transactions that we charge a fee for when using a credit card to make the payment:
- Taxes or government payments – these payments fall under the Merchant Category Code (MCC) 9399 i.e.:
- HMRC – If you're planning to make payments to government agencies you should be aware of the rules and restrictions they may have in place. You can find further information around their accepted payment methods on their websites.
- National Savings & Investments
- DVLA Vehicle Tax
- Student Loan Payments
- Transactions falling under MCC 6012, i.e.:
- Paying credit card bills
- Loans or mortgages with an underlying credit card selected in the Curve app
- Purchasing financial services or products from banks, Credit Unions, Deposit Takers
- Purchasing foreign or non-fiat currency such as cryptocurrency, travelers cheques or money orders
- Purchasing store value cards such as prepaid cards
Your underlying card issuer may charge you separate fees for making such transactions or ATM withdrawals, and Curve is not liable for such fees. Please refer to the terms and conditions of your underlying card issuer before attempting a Curve Fronted transaction.
These types of transactions remain free when you pay with an underlying Debit Card.
Curve Fronted outside the UK
Customers outside the UK will be subjected to the same 1.5% fee if they choose to pay a credit transaction with a credit card to a merchant with the MCC 9399 (Government Services). Curve Metal customers won’t be charged this fee.
I shouldn’t have been charged the fee
Has an incorrect fee been applied to your payment? You can have it refunded by using the ‘Go Back in Time’ feature to move the payment to an underlying debit card. If you move the transaction to another credit card, you may be charged by your credit card issuer.
Also, in case the payment you made is more than £1000, please get in touch with us and we’ll be happy to look into this for you! This must be done within 90 days of making the payment.
The Curve Card, the Samsung Pay + card and the E-money related to these cards is issued in the UK by Curve OS Limited, authorised in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority to issue electronic money (firm reference number 900926). Curve OS Ltd, registered in England and Wales, United Kingdom (company reference number: 09523903) and located at 15-19 Bloomsbury Way, Holborn, London, United Kingdom, WC1A 2TH.
The Curve Card and the e-money related to cards issued in the EEA is issued by Curve Europe UAB, authorised in Lithuania by the Bank of Lithuania (electronic money institution license No. 73 issued on 22 of October, 2020). The Curve Card and Samsung Pay + card are issued pursuant to license by Mastercard International Inc. Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Curve Europe UAB, registered in Lithuania (company reference number: 305626541) and located at Jogailos g. 9, LT-01116 Vilnius.