Equity crowdfunding is the process whereby people (i.e. the ‘crowd’) invest in an early-stage unlisted company (a company that is not listed on a stock market) in exchange for shares in that company. A shareholder has partial ownership of a company and stands to profit on an Exit Event (i.e. IPO, merger or sale) should the company continue to perform well and increase in value. The opposite is also true, so if the company fails investors can lose some, or all, of their investment.
Articles in this section
- What is equity crowdfunding?
- Who can invest?
- How to pre-register?
- When will the campaign go live?
- How much can I invest?
- What happens after I invest?
- Why is Curve crowdfunding?
- How can I make a return on my investment?
- What investor rewards are you offering?